MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

db read-only problem
Posted by: bob lambert
Date: August 29, 2004 02:45PM

Help

I am using a mysql 4.0.20 install on Windows XP.

I created a db in mysql and link a front end to it from msaccess (back-end used to be in access also, slowly converting out of microsoft). I started to populate the db using access front end. was able to add some data to tables, but now I get cannot update database/table is read-only. I shut down and restarted server and access w/ no improvement.

I dont know how it go to be read only and I dont know how to fix it. I have searched google and mysql documentation w/ no success, except a warning about queries with select * (which I have a lot of in my access front end) but do not understand.

Is there some environment variables I can look at or something. I have XAMPP bundle of mysql, apache, php and phpmyadmin.

I created a user for access to the db (entry in mysql db user table).

I am able to link tables from access and can run the query to create the recordset which I intend to edit/update.

I really need help debugging problems.

Thanks
Bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
db read-only problem
August 29, 2004 02:45PM
August 29, 2004 02:51PM
August 30, 2004 07:53AM
August 31, 2004 04:15AM
August 29, 2004 05:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.