MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Migrate MySQL3 dump to MySQL 4
Posted by: user1
Date: July 28, 2005 11:29AM

Hello everyone... First time poster here, so right now I'm just praying I'v posted in the right spot. I am by no means a MySQL expert (hence the location of the post), so bare with me.

We currently have a server running MySQL3 (Linux). We are attempting to migrate one of our applications off of this server and on a new one. I've installed MySQL4 using YUM (I love yum!). I did a mysqldump on the old machine then imported the database on the new one.

All seemingly went well. After further testing, I had thought maybe there was an issue with the character set. I set the new server identical to the old one (latin1), dropped the database and created a fresh import. Seems I am still having the same problem though.

I did exporting and importing to a different database on the old server, and all worked well. So I'm guessing there is not a problem with the export, but rather some type of differences between versions that are messing up the import on mysql4

Would anyone be able to assist me in troubleshooting this migration?

Thank you for your time...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrate MySQL3 dump to MySQL 4
July 28, 2005 11:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.