MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: How to convert a PHPmyAdmin export sql file to older version
Posted by: Jeremy Grieff
Date: October 07, 2006 07:34PM

Thing is I am not the one importing it.

Here is the situation...I am trying to migrate my phpbb forum database to my new hosting due to my current one being down all the time. So my current host is running PHPmyAdmin 4.1.18 and I export the sql file and upload it into the root directory on my new hosting account. The new hosting account admins told me to upload the sql file into my root directory so they could pick it up and import it for me since it was over 2mb. I guess anything over 2mb you can't import into PHPmyAdmin yourself due to certain constraints...so the admins have to do it.

Fine...

So I upload it for them to use...well they come back and tell me they can't do it because I am running a new version then what they have. They are running PHPmyAdmin 4.0.16. The said I have to convert my sql file into that version before they can import my sql file and setup my forum database.

So there you have it...so now I have to find a way to convert my sql file from 4.1.18 to 4.0.16.

I have no clue on how to do this!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: How to convert a PHPmyAdmin export sql file to older version
October 07, 2006 07:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.