MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Quicker Startup with -A?
Posted by: William Maloney
Date: October 03, 2012 07:03PM

When I log into MySQL and USE a database (e.g.: "USE projects;"), I get a message telling me that the system is reading table information...and that I "can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A."

However, I'm not clear how to use the proffered "-A". I tried adding it to the MySQL invocation from the command line (e.g.: "mysql -A -u myname -p") but I still got the message upon USEing a database. Likewise when I tried adding it to the USE command within MySQL (e.g.: "USE projects -A"). When I tried putting the "-A" before the database name, I got an error message.

Admittedly, I'm not using any databases so large that I notice any lag in opening them, but I have in mind a project that could grow quite large. Anyone have any clues to offer on what this "quicker startup with -A" means in practice?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Quicker Startup with -A?
October 03, 2012 07:03PM
October 05, 2012 11:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.