MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

ERROR 1037: Out of memory. Restart daemon and try again (needed 65528 bytes)
Posted by: peter pilsl
Date: August 09, 2007 03:20PM

mysql 4.2.2

When performing a specific query I get the above error.

SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_comments ON ( comment_post_ID = ID AND comment_approved = '1') WHERE 1=1 AND (((post_title LIKE '%peter%') OR (post_content LIKE '%peter%') OR (post_excerpt LIKE '%peter%'))) AND (post_password = '' AND (post_status = 'publish' OR post_status = 'private')) OR (comment_content LIKE '%peter%') ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 6;

I restarted the daemon and the error continued. The error happens reproduceable every time I perform this query. There is enough memory available on the system and no other processes are consuming unusual amount of memory.

Other queries on the same datebase works fine.

The tables itself were created via the wordpress-installation-script (wordpress is a php-webapplication) and the query also was originally performed by wordpress and produced an error. So I manually entered the query in mysql and got the same error, when no php, apache, wordpress was involved.

My questions:

* is there some limit in mysql that limits the allocated memory and how can I change this limit?

* is it possible that the database is somehow corrupted and how can I "repair" it?

* any other ideas how to track down the error or even solve it?

* what additional information can I provide here to get more help?

thnx
a lot

peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 09, 2007 03:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.