MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Connecting Remotly when Behind Router.
Posted by: Scott Haner
Date: March 16, 2005 08:09PM

Hey;

While I've use MySQL on Localhost alot, and just fine, I'm now expanding my server so that I can connect to it From other computers both On and Off Site. My main concern is how to connect to it when it's behind a Router? (DLink DI-624). As far as the account, I've already taken care as the Doc's say setting the Priv's as both Localhost and '%', just not sure when I connect from remotly what address I should be using, and if I need to do any settings on my Router...

Because of the Router the IP of the Server reported by ipconfig is the usual 192.168.0.100 as assigned by the Router.

For now while as far as I know all the Advanced Features are turned off in the Router, I entered this in the Firewall:

Action Name Source Destination Protocol
Allow mySQL * * TCP,3306

From what I understand fully opening the mySQL 3306 Port, anything else need to be done? And Remotly I assume I would have to enter the Router's IP Address? (seeing as the Servers is a Local Address provided by the Router)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connecting Remotly when Behind Router.
March 16, 2005 08:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.