MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Integrating mysql, @mail, and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
Posted by: roy oelschlager
Date: March 25, 2005 02:54PM

I have recently received a admin job at a small web hosting company (small) and the current platform is windows and I will be responsible for creating a linux based platform and eventually moving all information over to linux form the windows setup.

The idea is like this run Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 using 2 web server running apache, 2 email servers using @mail, and having 2 front end servers with 4 storage nodes clustered. This company also has some custom database query programs to retrieve information.

I might be in a tad over my head at this point, but that is ok there isnt an immediate rush on integration.

I am looking for any other admins that might be able to offer any opions regarding this basic setup or that might have this setup and offer any suggestions concerning the actual construction of this type of platform.

I post as a noob because I am not familiar with mysql at this point, the learning process has just begun today, lol..

Thank you for and input or laughter to ease the pain.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Integrating mysql, @mail, and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
March 25, 2005 02:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.