MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Display sum of table in one line of text?
Posted by: Matthew Jones
Date: March 29, 2005 08:47AM

The thing with the score+0 did work. :D lol www.tangoforce.com/test.php

>woudnt it be better to calculate the score like this:
>
>score = kills - deahts
>
>that would make more sence to me.

hmmmmm....

Im not sure it would make much difference, other than it is showing a different piece of information. At the moment, it shows how many kills a person is making for each time they die (So GEN.Fourjays is making 37.6 Kills per time he gets shot). The way you just suggested would be like a point system; +1 for an enemy kill, -1 for a friendly loss.

Ill leave it as is for now, but I will consdier the other option in the future. :D

Could you suggest a way in which to make an simple admin page (a tutorial which I can use, where I can substitute the queries with other ones). Basically it will need to: add/edit/delete entries from the list. Add number entries to the numbers existing in the database, so each players kills & deaths easily be updated. At the moment, an admin ahs to manually add any new scores to current totals, to get the players new kill/death totals. How can I automate it, so that an admin simply enters a value into a form, which is then added to the existing value in the database?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Display sum of table in one line of text?
March 29, 2005 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.