MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Newbie question about importing text files.
Posted by: Master Zorlak
Date: April 25, 2005 04:21PM

Hello...

Well, I am new to the whole MySQL experience so please forgive me if this is a very stupid question...

I have an excel file... The first row in the excel file contains the names of fields in the MySQL database. (There are only four fields in my DB in a single table.) The following rows contain data that should be inserted into those fields. Well... I can't figure out how to get that data from the excel file imported into the MySQL database. I have saved the excel file as a .csv file for testing purposes... On my web server I have phpMyAdmin installed... It has a feature that says "import from text file"... However, whenever I try to import the csv file, it only grabs the first row (containg the field names) and part of the second row... When it grabs this data it puts it all into the first field in the DB... I can't figure out how to get it organized and get all of it inserted. Any help that can be provided would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Newbie question about importing text files.
April 25, 2005 04:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.