MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL database missing?
Posted by: Azn Soldier
Date: April 27, 2005 11:43AM

Hello all,
I'm having some problems with getting MySQL running. On my server computer, I'm running a Windows 2000 Professional and I don't have any service packs installed (So basically, I never updated it after reformating my computer) and I installed MySQL v4.0 perfectly fine.

The problem is, when I go to check my databases, I only see "test" and no "mysql" database. I read that it's suppose to have it, and I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe it's cause I haven't updated my service pack to the latest one?

I've installed and reinstalled multiple times, and if I recall correctly, it asks for a password and username from the first time, but after that, it doesn't when I reinstall it. Is that important? And it is, how do I delete the registry keys for MySQL so it would prompt me that again?

Could anyone help me out on how to fix my missing MySQL database? Since I can't find what I'm looking for through the help. Personally, it's too confusing and it doesn't get it's point across. The setup is terrible for new users like myself.

Thanks,

AznSoldier

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL database missing?
April 27, 2005 11:43AM
April 27, 2005 11:47AM
April 27, 2005 09:39PM
April 29, 2005 10:39PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.