MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Ok, I'm stumped now...
Posted by: support
Date: May 03, 2005 05:20PM

I use Fedora Core 3# w/Gnome. I have Apache, MySQL, PHP, Pear, etc installed and these services turned on. I've checked the PHP.ini file and the directives are all inline with what my forum software (SMF) recommends. I am using MySQL-administrator and have created a database. All SMF files are under var/www/htdocs/forum. I am not at all new to Linux and ran my own server for a long time several years ago but I AM fairly new to using MySQL (at least on my own box). Here's what I get when trying to run the install, settings or index script...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

Click here to try this step again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a permissions issue because I'm testing it under root. Anyone care to help me figure this out here?. It'd be a dream come true if I could get this working on my own box. Perl/CGI I've never had a problem with and right now I have a copy of another forum there but it does'nt hold a candle to SMF.

PS: I'm using "localhost" as my hostname and port 3306 is open.

Anyway, thank's BIG TIME!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Ok, I'm stumped now...
May 03, 2005 05:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.