MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Question About MySQL Connection On XP
Posted by: Scott Slauson
Date: May 03, 2005 06:31PM

I am "attempting" to setup a test box on my XP workstation with Apache, PHP and MySQL. Everything installed fine with no errors but I am unable to connect to the MySQL server. I am a bit confused with the usage of null as the default password for root despite configuring a password from the new Instance Config Wizard after the install. When I try to connect or create a new database with the following security info: host:localhost, username:root, password:"" I am unable to connect. I have also tried using the password that I set during the Instance Config Wizard and my machine name for the host but I still get:

MySQL Error Number 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I have tried "root@localhost" as username and simply root but still no worky.

I have opened port 3306 on my firewall as well as making sure that port 3306 is not being blocked by Norton SystemWorks but I don't think that it is a port blocking issue. This seems to simply be a problem with the username and password. What is the default username and password from a fresh install?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Question About MySQL Connection On XP
May 03, 2005 06:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.