MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Help me get off the first base!!!
Posted by: Stuart Roper
Date: May 05, 2005 01:49PM

I completely new to Mysql, I'm trying to follow some simple instructions but I just can't seem to get anywhere. I'm running it through XP, I've installed it and can get into winmysqladmin no problems at all. It didn't ask me for a password or anything when I started which some of the books suggested.

I set up a user s_roper with a password and went into the command prompt to create a database. I typed in the username and password and it was all correct but it just keeps saying access denied. I set up the root user and set a password for that but it keeps saying the same :access denied for user: 'root@localhost' <using password: Yes>

So I decided perhaps I'd done something wrong so I removed it and started again but it seems even when I remove it it still holds the passwords and users. I'm completely stuck

Any help at all would be most appriciated, once I get started I'll be fine!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help me get off the first base!!!
May 05, 2005 01:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.