MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

How do I add an existing database to MySQL?
Posted by: William Patterson
Date: February 28, 2009 03:49PM

I am very new to MySQL and this is probably a really dumb question to have to ask, but I can't proceed until I solve it.

I have over 10 years experience with MS SQL Server, but only a day or so with MySQL 5.1 Community version.

I am setting up a developing environment on Windows XP (SP3), with PHP and MySQL 5.1. I have all of these working just fine.

What I am trying to do is to copy a web site that uses a MySQL database (version unknown) to my local system to I can make some changes, fix some bugs, test and then re-deploy some modules, but not the database.

I have looked at documentation that makes this look simple using a .sql file. The problem is that I don't have a .sql file. What I have is a folder named "databases" in which there is another folder named "catalog_xxxxxx_com" which has only .frm, .MYI, .MYD files.

How do I take this info and incorporate the database into my MySQL 5.1 system?

Thanks so much for your responses!

Bill

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How do I add an existing database to MySQL?
February 28, 2009 03:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.