MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Can I add a BINARY data table to an existing MySQL Database?
Posted by: Dee Hanks
Date: May 09, 2005 05:02AM

Hiya everyone,

Is it possible to add a data table in BINARY FORMAT to an existing database which runs on a linux server with apache webserver and MySQL database?

Our hosting provider keeps telling me that they need a plain ASCII format in order to add the table but the programmers who did the database programming keep telling me that it should be no problem to add a new table in binary format to our existing database.

I am no programmer at all and kind of sitting between the chairs now. Our programmer tells me I should switch to a different hostign service which is able to use the binary format of the table and our hosting service keept telling me to get the ASCII version of the table in order to get it uploaded and inserted in our database.

I hope someone on here can give me some instructions which I can forward to our hosting service so that they will be able to get our binary data table into our database.

Thank you all in advance for your help

Dee

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can I add a BINARY data table to an existing MySQL Database?
May 09, 2005 05:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.