MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Server could not be started
Posted by: Beemer
Date: May 11, 2005 10:15AM

Hi !
I'm running out of patience to get this piece of SW running on WinXP SP2 ...
I've tried to install/un-install/re-install v4.1 a couple of times and also using 'Mike's Service Remover' utility to remove existing services like (mysql). The 'mysqld-nt' server program runs OK first time and I'm able to setup/configure a database with belonging tables and load them with data. The problem occur after I run the 'Stop the server' within the 'MySQL Admin tool' or 'MySQL System Tray Monitor'. Whenever I try to 'Start Service' again I get the 'Server could not be started' message in the log window. I also tried to use different service names like 'mysql41' to avoid conflicts on previous services without luck ... and the log files are as empty they can be.
I have not found a complete solving help in the current threads in this Forum, apparently is this problem rather frequent around and if it's a bug I guess the 'MySQL AB' must be acting to solve it. Any help out there would be mostly appreciated !!!
(I'm a MySQL newbie also, so it could be something that slipped my fingers ...)
/Beemer

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Server could not be started
May 11, 2005 10:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.