MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: can not create windows service for MySQL Error:0
Posted by: Julian Keith Bowler
Date: May 15, 2005 05:24AM

Thanks for your help and suggestions
I feel a bit like I would imagine archamedes felt when he jumpted into or was it out of the bath and shouted Eureca?!!!!

It seems that inorder to get Mysql server 4.1 working you have to open up a cmd prompt
Start |All Programs | Accessories | command prompt
( or of course you can place a shortcut to the command prompt on your desk top- Probably a good idear?!!!!)
Then enter in to the command prompt mysqld
nothing appears to happen - but don't be fooled my freind no---- there will be a flashing curser in the cmd prompt window
Now instead of typing more stuff into this command prompt window--- open up another command prompt window - using the method above and:
type mysql
bingo or golly gossh you now see
Welcome to the Mysql monitor commands end with; or \g
Your mysql connection id is 1 to server
version 4.1.11
Type 'help:' or '\h' for help
type '\c' to clear buffer
mysql>

It seems that you can not just simply type in mysql right at the start, I am now wondering if there is a neater way of doing this involving less steps, and am also wondering if there is a graphical interface for talking to my sql _ I think there is, but which one is available that is easyest to use and do you use one yourself and where did you get it from?????

Many thanks hope you can respond to this mail
ta--- Julian
I am also wondering why doesen't the blasted book php, my sql and apache all in one tel yo what mysqld and mysql commands actually do and how and when to use them plus why mysqld must be typed before mysql and in separate command prompt windows ---- why in seperate command prompt windows!???// Is it just me on this earth that has discoverd this-???
thanks for your suggestions--- is the a gui I can use to talk to my sql and is there a good tutorial for using it
Kind Regards many thanks julian

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.