MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Looking to get started with using MySQL
Posted by: Phil Charlebois
Date: May 16, 2005 02:27PM

Hello all,

I started writing an application in VB6 for a friend of mine and recently realized it was not going to meet his needs because he wanted it to be multi-user. From what I have read so far, MySQL will help me with that.

I had installed "MySQL Servers and Clients 4.0.20a" and "MySQL Control Center 0.9.4 beta" quite some time ago when I was playing around with a PHP Bulletin Board. Now when I start my machine there is always a WinMySQL running in the systray. When I open the WinMySQL Admin 1.4, in the MyODBC is says "Driver 3.51 Not Found" and I do not see all the databases that I see listed in the "MySQL Control Center".

Do I need both "MySQL Control Center" and WinMySQL?

Do I have everything I need installed? Should I be upgrading anything? And could anyone give me some pointers or links to sample code on connecting to, reading from and updating a MySQL database using an application written in VB 6?

Many thanks!

Phil

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Looking to get started with using MySQL
May 16, 2005 02:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.