MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Running MySQL with no Internet
Posted by: Matthew Warner
Date: August 18, 2009 04:11PM

I have a program that uses MySQL for storing some data, but not enough that it needs to be on a separate machine. Normally this machine is connected to some sort of internet or intranet.

I would like to be able to take this machine OFF of all network connections and still have it work just pointing everything at localhost. When I took this machine off the internet, I was no longer able to connect, either through the Browser tool or command line. I only get 10061 error saying it can't find localhost.

Based on my research this means it can't find a network connection (which makes sense) but is there anyway I can set up MySQL such that if there is no network connections it will still accept all incoming requests through localhost? I also need this to be transparent to the programs that connect given that changing them is not something I will be able to do. I would guess there's some server setting to set in some .ini file but I can't figure out what it is.

I use a Windows machine and i'm running MySQL 5.0.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Running MySQL with no Internet
August 18, 2009 04:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.