MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Replciation Security
Posted by: Jeremy Shave
Date: August 22, 2009 01:38PM

I believe that I have been hacked because MYSQL administrator, Replication Status is showing a entry that I have not set-up and I am seeing query's appearing in the Server Logs that I have not sent.

I know that I am only to blame here because I have ploughed straight into writing my web application without taking notice of any security procedures. I running MYSQL 5.0.67 on windows platform and would like any advice on how to stop the replication and how is might have happened.

Reading, I think its because when its first installed I not set-up a password for root and I can successfully connect using mysql -u root..

Please advice how I can stop the replication and how to set-up a password for root because if I try SHOW GRANTS it just drops to a -> and shows nothing and if I try and change the password for SET PASSWORD FOR ''@'localhost' = PASSWORD('newpwd');
it also drops to -> and appears to do nothing....

please help,

Jez

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Replciation Security
August 22, 2009 01:38PM
August 23, 2009 06:08PM
August 24, 2009 02:28PM
August 24, 2009 05:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.