MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Some advice on update/restoring for a Bulletin Board
Posted by: star dotstar
Date: May 29, 2005 12:00AM

Hi, I need some help untangling the best way to migrate my existing phpBB MySQL database to a new and more fully featured build of the phpBB.

As it stands what I can do is create a blank database with the same username and then export my entire existing database, structure and all. Then I just feed it into the database that I havecreated for the new site.

This works well but because the mods I am using require the basic structure to be expanded there are additional tables that must be created each time I migrate the database.

So I am wondering what is the way to insert the existing database data only into the newly built structure.

When I use the UPDATE approach my server seems to hang and ssh times out!

My data export using UPDATE is 120MB but entire structure and data is only 70 or 80!

Does this make sense?

Basically I want to build the new structure and put the old data into the new tables..

Any advice much appreciated.

*.Will

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Some advice on update/restoring for a Bulletin Board
May 29, 2005 12:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.