MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Major Syntax Problem w/ Importing Tables
Posted by: Donatienne Varner
Date: June 03, 2005 04:19AM

Okay. I have backed up and dumped tables before, but NEVER have I had this problem, and it's really starting to talk to me in a language that I don't understand.

I am attempting to move some fanlistings and flinx from one server to another. I have backed up my tables in text format, zipped format, and gzipped format. I have tried all three formats and I basically get the same error each time (the only thing that varies is the "at line ___"):

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=25' at line 23

I am using MySQL Version 4.0.22-standard
If you'd like to see on of the files I'm trying to dump, I have uploaded it to view here:
http://www.rageandlove.net/flinx.txt

From what I understand I need to look up some sort of value to change, but I don't understand at all, and consequently have no idea what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I don't figure this out, I'll lose hundreds fanlisting members, all my flinx information, and an entire message board.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Major Syntax Problem w/ Importing Tables
June 03, 2005 04:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.