MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Using MySQL
Posted by: officelink
Date: June 03, 2005 04:38AM

Hi,

I'm very new to MySQL and programming in general. At this stage I've basically set up MySQL on my computer and I'm using phpMyAdmin to create my database. I was just wondering, when it comes time for me to upload my site to a remote server, how do I get my database to that remote server. Sorry if that's seems like a stupid question, but I'm still trying to get my head around all this stuff. Also, if I have an input text field on the home page of my site that invites people to enter their email address, when they press submit will the data go to the database on the remote server or on my local machine. That sounded really dumb didn't it - I'm so confused about all this!!

One further question, I've read that MySQL is open source, that it's free to users - can you tell me if their are conditions on this - I mean will I have to pay for the program at some stage?

Thanks for any help offered.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Using MySQL
June 03, 2005 04:38AM
June 03, 2005 09:47AM
June 03, 2005 07:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.