MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

did mysql needs some house clean work once a while?
Posted by: huizhang66
Date: June 05, 2005 10:14AM

I have run MySQL for almost a year on a FreeBSD server. Nothing about MySQL set up was changed.

Suddenly, MySQL server only can open very few database connection. The other connections requests were rejected.

I have to shutdown the server and restart it. And then it is fine. It has been fine for 14 days now.

But I was wondering, what is the probem?

1) Does MySQL needs some kind house cleanning work once a few months? (One time I read the articles comparing InterBase/Firebird with MySQL, and it says that MySQL once a while needs some kind clean up works. - I might be wrong here, at that time I was not paying attention to MySQL.)

2) How can I prevent it happen again?

3) Or this kind problem is unavoidable, and I have to personally monitor the mysql running status, and detect this kind case, and shutdown the database and restart it again?

4) If a house cleanning work needed, how often I should do it so I can clean the house before the problem? How to do it?

5) Or the problem I run into is normal, just like PC we got stuck ocne a while, and we have to hit restart button.?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
did mysql needs some house clean work once a while?
June 05, 2005 10:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.