MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Can't Connect... IPTables?
Posted by: Kyle Mechler
Date: November 18, 2009 02:45PM

I've gone through the following FAQ:
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Error2003-CantConnectToMySQLServer

I actually did know about a bunch of those options such as bind_address and skip_networking, etc. I had already checked them but in an effort to wrestle this issue I went through that list double-checking everything in order to make sure that it wasn't hanging me up. I made sure that the daemon wasn't running with --bind-address or --skip-networking as command-line parameters, even, but still no luck.

The issue remains. It still goes away if I [ sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop ], but this isn't a realistic option, and I need to figure out how to properly get a mysql client through to this machine. It isn't exactly production, but I do need to get through iptables. Does my iptables -L output look like it would deny this in any way? Log output isn't showing anything, either. I really don't know where to turn.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
November 17, 2009 10:26AM
November 17, 2009 01:40PM
November 17, 2009 02:41PM
Re: Can't Connect... IPTables?
November 18, 2009 02:45PM
November 18, 2009 04:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.