MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Using a database server...
Posted by: Gerald Chow
Date: June 15, 2005 11:34PM

Hi,

I'm a student and i'm currently managing a small web server in my university. I have basically two machines; a database server and a web server. The problem I have is that i've installed php on the web server and mysql on the database server. However, how do I make php communicate with mysql if they're on two different systems?

Perhaps some knowledge on networking would help me, but it's not easy finding information on this matter. Checking the phpinfo() i find mysql is not detected by php (obviously because they're on different machines).

Question is, can I possibly make both of them communicate so that I can have a php driven site using the database server or do I have to install mysql on the web server as well? Also, how do I do it if I want mysql and php to communicate? How do I make the network between the two servers work so that I can utilise what's running on both?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Using a database server...
June 15, 2005 11:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.