MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Using a database server...
Posted by: Gerald Chow
Date: June 16, 2005 08:58AM

Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I encountered another problem.

I expanded your suggestion a little further by modifying the php.ini file so that it connects to port 3306, to the ip of the database server and with the username/pw for the sql server. However, when I try to use your script, it simply returns me an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:\web\php\testsqlconnect.php on line 7

This could possibly mean that I failed to install php correctly in the sense that I have failed to configure mysql extensions correctly, but if so, I really do not know how else to proceed. I have gone through the entire php documentation on extensions, ensuring that the php.ini file is up to date, but thus far it does NOT seem to work right.

This may be the wrong place to post this, but am I right to say this is a php error instead of mysql? Thanks in advanced.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 15, 2005 11:34PM
Re: Using a database server...
June 16, 2005 08:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.