MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

I would like to know how to solve this problem
Posted by: Shawn Campbell
Date: July 02, 2005 05:37AM

I have recently started to explore the wonderful world of the combination of MySQL and PHP and like what I see so far. I have been using open source programs for some time, but not to their fullest potentials. Here is my question.

I have a ecommerce site built on php 4.3.10 and mysql 4.0.22 and I am trying to figure out how to write a query that with pull together the data for a single customers order to be exported out by clicking a button. I figured that between all of the books I have read on php and mysql and all the web sites I have visited that somewhere I would have found the answer as I figured it would be a pretty common thing to do.

I will have to pull the info from various tables, but I believe if I can figure out how to do it from one table via the click of a button, I should be able to figure out how to do the basic joins. I will eventually have to pull the info from three tables. The table that holds the customer info, the one that holds the inventory info, and the one for the payment info.

To hopefully describe it better. Let's say you place an order on my site. I would like to be able to write a query to be able to extract that info via a query (I will do the button part myself in my shopping cart) that will export you order completly for me to import direcly into our backend software so the sales people will not have to manually key in the order. Which to me does not make sense as I have explained to my boss that's what sales people do.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Shawn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
I would like to know how to solve this problem
July 02, 2005 05:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.