MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Connect mysql 4.1+ to mysql 3.23
Posted by: Björn Tikkanen
Date: July 08, 2005 12:00AM

Hi

I'm working on a solution where I need to get data from one server to another. The problem is, the server querying for the data is php 4.x and mysql 3.23 for Redhat, and the server where to get the information is running php5 and mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.10a, for suse-linux (i686) .

I have done the connection the other way around connecting with mysqli to plain mysql without problem, but the authentication the other way around fails

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

I have seen many posts at different sites where this occurs when updating the client/server, but the solutions don't seem to work for me while running different versions. I'm not very happy about the idea having to update my 3.23 stable mysql server, because it's running some 50 databases /websites.

Is there some other solution for this password/authentication problem?

Greetings
Björn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connect mysql 4.1+ to mysql 3.23
July 08, 2005 12:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.