MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Basic (Idiotic) Newbie Question-
Posted by: Dennis Brody
Date: July 09, 2005 06:04PM

Jay- I think I solved the problem, but can I ask you another question? When I go to phpmyadmin I get the following message
"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."
My problem is that I am the administrator and I have no idea how to set the set the host, username and password in MySQL. I am able to do as the above says... I can edit config.inc.php, but I really don't know what to write because I wasn't able, (apparently), to configure the appropriate information first in MySQL. I have no recollection of being asked to set a user name, password, or anything else in MySQL that phpMyAdmin requires. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
DB!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Basic (Idiotic) Newbie Question-
July 09, 2005 06:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.