MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

starting MySQL
Posted by: Darryl Reeves
Date: July 12, 2005 12:01PM

Hello,

I am new to MySQL and was recently given a task where I need to transfer a database from one computer to another. Both computers are Macintoshes running OS X Panther. Both computers are running MySQL through localhost. The computer to which I am transferring the database has MySQL up and running perfectly fine. The computer from which I want to get the database is able to query the database through a web application using Perl but when I try to run MySQL from the Unix command line using the following text: "mysql -h localhost -u root -p" I get the following response "-sh: mysql: command not found." As far as I know, MySQL is installed correctly on this machine (I would assume it has to be in order for the web application to access the database through Perl and MySQL). If I can start and run MySQL, I know that I can dump the database using the "mysqldump" command. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to get the mysql command to execute correctly so that I can run the program?

Thanks,
Darryl

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
starting MySQL
July 12, 2005 12:01PM
July 12, 2005 08:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.