MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySql doesn't want to open
Posted by: Jeremy Anderson
Date: August 06, 2004 02:06PM

Hello. First of all, I realize this is not the Domo forum and that this may very well be more of a Domo issue than a MySql issue, but there don't seem to be any recorded issues with Domo of this type that I can find. I'm thinking that its my lacking knowledge of MySql (I have/am looking through the manual and doing my best right now, but....) So, I'm trying to get Domo v2.3 up and running, but am running into some problems with the MySql. Currently running Fedora Core 2 with MySql v3.23.58-9, should be the most up2date via yum. So here is the problem;

I can get on mysql via the mysql command with user root, enter my password that I have set, and use the default database 'mysql'. Its all good as far as I know as mysql knows. The problem is that when I try to give the Domo setup wizard the information, with database being mysql and host being localhost, and user being root with the correct pwd, I get the error message:

[0] [SetupDialog::createDbase] Error: Failed to connect to database
Root cause: Method: 'Dbase::createConnections'
Message: Failed to open database 'localhost@mysql' as user 'root' using driver 'QMYSQL3'

For some reason, the database 'localhost@mysql' just doesn't look right, I don't have host 'mysql', so I tried swapping the host and database name to get an error message that complained of not being able to connect to 'mysql@localhost' as root user.

I consider myself a non-newbie, spend a lot of time on the terminal, and know a bit about linux, but MySql is a new bird to me. Any help/comments? Would be most certainly appreciated. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySql doesn't want to open
August 06, 2004 02:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.