MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Connection to the db error
Posted by: Edouard Fourmaux
Date: April 06, 2012 02:34PM

Hi guys!

Note first that I'm a brand new user of MySQL, and I've used it to create my website, for one day only! Now I'm getting the first problems... To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what this thing does...

I'm using Mircrosoft MatrixWeb to get my website running on Localhost. Note that I'm not hosted by anything yet! I've looked for a solution over and over, and none match my symptoms...

So I'm using MatrixWeb AND Joomla! version 2.5.4 to manage the website. I have a payware Joomlage.com template.

So I was saying that I'm using MySQL for about two days now, and the problem that I got today is the following: When I want to acess my website, or the admin page on local, i'm getting a message in my browser saying :

" Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL. "

Like this : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/893182dbconnectionerror.jpg

Now, some solution that I found said to restart MySQL with the Command line Client BUT the other problem is (probably related) that when I go and type my password, the Command line client disapear after it showed me an Error message for a hundredth of a second so I cannot read what is says.
I tried everything (pressing enter, typing older passwords, etc...)

Somehow, I tried to access the Database with the database manager included in MatrixWeb, but after a few second trying to connect, it tells me : " Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts".

I've also checked in my configuration.php file if everything was matching the username and password choosed to access Database, and it was all good...

I'll be very grateful to anyone who helps me resolving that problem! Remember though, I'm a nooby, and I need very simple instructions. The best would be for you guys to consider that I've never used MySQL before, and explain step by step what to do !
I'm looking forward to solve this problem!

Thanks in advance!

Edouard - From France

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 02:58PM by Edouard Fourmaux.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection to the db error
April 06, 2012 02:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.