MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Help! MySQL sometimes very slow on Windows 2008
Posted by: Robert Lynch
Date: August 27, 2012 02:36PM

I am running MySQL 5.5.8 on Windows 2008 Server. I have a PHP shopping cart (Zen Cart 1.3.9h) running under IIS (PHP version on the server is 5.3.4). This project was built by someone else, but now I am responsible for it. I am a MySQL newbie with much more experience with Microsoft SQL Server.

Where do I begin looking for potential causes of severe slowness?

This site sometimes takes tens of seconds to generate and display a page. This happens not only on the public-facing pages with their custom templates, but also on the standard admin pages. I have even seen terribly slow performance at times using MySQL Workbench. (Most one-record inserts say they take 0.015 seconds, but I've seen 30+ seconds on rare occasions.) The poor performance in Workbench is what leads me to think the database may be to blame.

If this topic belongs in the "MySQL Performance" area, I will gladly post it there instead.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help! MySQL sometimes very slow on Windows 2008
August 27, 2012 02:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.