MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Trouble with Login and importing .sql file
Posted by: Steve Clark
Date: December 30, 2012 10:53AM

Hey everyone

I understand this is a very basic problem but I'm trying to get some mysql basics down in the next few weeks and am having some problems. I bought the book "learning sql" but it refers to mysql 6.0 which isn't available and I am using 5.5.

First question I have is, when I start the command line, it automatically prompts me for a password, which I enter, afterwards I am automatically logged in as root so my prompts look like this mysql>. I've set up other usernames and passwords but always get errors when I try to log in. I always log in like this mysql -u username -p;

My other question is I have a blank database setup and have a .sql file on my hard drive that I am trying to populate it with which I am also getting errors with. I am using this command source c:\temp\filename.sql

I have the db setup localhost on my hardrive and also am running raid 1 if that makes any difference.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Trouble with Login and importing .sql file
December 30, 2012 10:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.