MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Database Schema
Posted by: Peter Peterson
Date: February 08, 2014 12:40AM

Rick,
Thank you again for replying - you have provided a lot of good points for me to address:
1. I will update the tables where a unique natural key exists;
2. Check all fields which shouldn't allow NULL
3. I amin Australia and as such our States are 3 char abbreviated and our postcodes are a set of four numbers;
4. Don't allow Flags be NULL;
5. I have used BLOB as this is a field where my wife types brief notes that varies signicicantly in length depending upon the client. It is also a field that gets added to over time. Please advise if I should use a diffent data type fo rthis purpose.
6. Price - I will check the data type - my intension is allow a value not ever expected to exceed $1,000 - it will always be in $AU where we have 99 cents to one dollar - I think this is OK.
7. Merge date and time fields into one DATETIME field;
8. Modify Date / From Time / To Time as youdescribed;
9. Reevaluate the length of all text fields ensuring 45 is not too short.

I will update my tables and develop my select statements as well as provide a schema diagram fromMySQL Workbench if you can advise how I can include it on this forum.

Once again thank youso much for time and help.
Regards
Peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
February 03, 2014 03:10AM
February 04, 2014 10:23PM
February 05, 2014 02:28AM
February 05, 2014 03:50AM
February 06, 2014 11:58PM
Re: Database Schema
February 08, 2014 12:40AM
February 09, 2014 08:10PM
February 10, 2014 03:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.