MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Different Visible Databases for each User
Posted by: Jean Peter Paredes
Date: February 21, 2014 05:13PM

Hello.. i am using Sql yog GUI to administer the MySql databases. say for example the database that im working on is called "DatabaseA" ... however, i am not the only one using the MySql server, another user is also accessing the MySql server and he is working on database name "DatabaseB". so basically, we each share the MySql log in details both the password and the ID. and when i log in to MySql i can see both my database and his and so if he logs in he can see my database and his as well.

how can i make it so that whenever i log in i will only see "DatabaseA" and when he logs in he can only see "DatabaseB" database and can only modify that database and tables in that database ? i was hoping i did not have to go through the GRANT commands and it would rather be simple if the method is available in Sqlyog .

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Different Visible Databases for each User
February 21, 2014 05:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.