MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

What is a "mysql command-line client" where do I find it in windows 7 or MySQL Workbench?
Posted by: Jack Griffin
Date: April 10, 2014 04:00PM

Hello:

I am completely lost. I am trying to install the sakila database from the 3 files downloaded from this site. I have MySQL installed and it is running on a Windows 7 PC; I have checked Services and the application is running.

I get to step 2 in the instructions and it tell me to use the mysql command-line client. I cannot find this beast and have no idea what they are talking about. I have looked in everything that was downloaded and installed when I did the MySQL install. No matter how or where I try to use the 'mysql -u root -p' command or any OTHER 'mysql' command I get that mysql is invalid. Also, nothing I have used gives me the 'shell>' prompt! I have tried the scripting shell in MySQL, I have tried the mysql Utility Client and no luck!!!

I am soooooo confused and frustrated with this simple task...it should not be this difficult! :o( I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANYONE THAT WILL HELP!!!!

Thanks You,

Jack Griffin

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.