MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: what is the right way to change a database to a new server which runs also a newer version of MySQL?
Posted by: Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler
Date: April 20, 2014 02:12AM

Hi!

Thanks for all the hints...

I have a test-server which contains clean installations of every MySQL version starting from 4.0.x (only the latest version of every official version).

And I am only intrested in one database, not in all databases from the server. I think the old developers did not use a lot of MySQL features. I think they only stored data. I already found out the character-set-problem, and I think I found the right character-set for the database.

I know we are many years to late, but everyone was afraid to touch the system because the old developers are not available anymore.

mysql_upgrade is available since MySQL 5.0.x. But do I really need it? I take only one database, and the system tables are coming from each new installation. I only import this one database from a sql-file (dump-file).

Thanks,
Christian.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.