MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Mysql on Mac OS X Mavericks
Posted by: Javier Salazar
Date: May 26, 2014 05:04PM

Don't know if anyone here runs Mysql on Mac OS X Mavericks, but I have a question to anyone who does. I recently replaced my hard drive and replaced it with an SSD. I backup my machine twice a week. I say that because I was able to re-install the OS then I used my time machine backups to restore all profiles used on the computer. Once I was done, I had all of my data back for all profiles. Mysql was installed but refused to startup. I was forced to reinstall the software in order to start up the database. When that was done, I ran into another problem. The instance that I was running was no longer available to me. I had to recreate the database and re-insert all of the data.

Thankfully, there was not much data to enter and I was able to do it in a couple of hours. Here is my question. Although I was able to recreate and insert the data, I can't understand why I had to go this route. Why was the database not recovered with all of the other data? After looking around for a while, I realized that the data is stored in "/usr/local/mysql/data/data_base_name/". I just was not able to restore that data from my backups.

Thanks in advance

Javier

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql on Mac OS X Mavericks
May 26, 2014 05:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.