MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
Posted by: Bill Jour
Date: June 06, 2014 10:17AM

I looked further into the IT person's notes and discovered that he had also installed Apache Web Server on the Linux box...it appears that the church was entering new records into the database via the local Intranet using web based forms....does that make sense?

"Once you have it up and running and stable, stop the MySQL server, and copy all of the /data folder from the old Debian disk, except /data/mysql to the \data folder on your windows machine. Start the mysql server on your windows machine, and if you are lucky, your tables will be there."

On the old Debian machine the records(MYI, MYD, FRM) are in the \var\lib\mysql folder in a separate folder called Churchrecords. Do I just copy the entire Churchrecords folder into the \data folder on the Windows machine?

Also, to stop and start the service to I have to enter a command at the command line console to do this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
June 06, 2014 10:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.