MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
Posted by: Barry Galbraith
Date: July 06, 2014 08:04PM

>I can then still interface with the database on the Linux server

Are you sure you're using the database on the linux box?

I'm crystal ball gazing here because you haven't mentioned any php files or config, but I'll assume that's what you're using.

In my systems, I have a config file which contains database host name (usually localhost), database user name, databse password, and then I "include" that config file whenever I need to connect to the database.
Then if I need to cahnge any of those details, I only beed to change it in one place and the whole website gets it.

For your linux box, if the database was on "localhost", by copying your files to the Windows box, the database is still defined as "locahost". Both cases the database is local to the same machine, IOW, if the config on the Windows box is locallhost, then it is using the database on the windows box.

If by some some strange chance, the linux box was connecting to it's mysql using the real hostname (not localhost) then your windows box is still connecting to linux database. You'll need to to change it to localhost to use the windows database.

Bottom line.
Find the database connection config file, and see what host it's pointing to.

Good luck,
Barry.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
July 06, 2014 08:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.