MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
Posted by: Bill Jour
Date: July 21, 2014 09:56AM

>>This assumes that mutt command line email client exists on your machine, and sendmail is also running to actually forward the mail.<<

I cloned the original Linux hard drive and have the Linux MySql server here in my office...I am assuming that Mutt was on the original Linux box and am going to attempt to see if I can get it to work.

>>Are you SURE you want them emailed?<<

Not really....I am just mildly curious about how this all works...I probably won't use it after unless I find a need sometime later down the road.

>>Take a look on 192.168.1.201 in the /backups folder to see the files placed in date subfolders. <<

I discovered that this particular computer does not even exist anymore at the church so it must have been replaced\removed after the original IT person left....I am going to try to recreate the same environment here in my office....as I said, mildly curious...

>>f) smbmount //192.168.1.201/backups /mnt/bak/ -o username=sqlbackup,password=Passw0rd<<

I am going to use a Windows XP box with IP address 192.168.1.201.....would I have to create a Windows user logon account called sqlbackup with the password mentioned above for this to work?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Migrating MySql from Debian to Windows
July 21, 2014 09:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.