MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Newbie questions
Posted by: keith mccann
Date: June 20, 2014 06:23PM

Hello, I am new here and new to database management. I am looking to get some questions about what path I should go down. I work for a trucking company that is rapidly growing. They currently use spread sheets for everything. I am looking into building them a database. I have no experience with databases. I kind of tinkered with access, but I don't know which way to go. They have about 6 people that would access the database. I was thinking about building a web app with html 5 and using php to link to mysql. It sounds like a lot of work. Would access be simpler to use for this. I'm looking to setup inventory, work orders, paper work for the trucks, invoices, dispatching, driver logs, and multiple other things. I would like it to be able to be accessed over the web. We have looked at multiple fleet management software but many of them just don't seem to fit our needs. I was basically thinking of building it myself. I was just looking into any input anyone would have with this.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Newbie questions
June 20, 2014 06:23PM
June 20, 2014 07:47PM
June 21, 2014 02:51AM
July 01, 2014 03:39PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.