MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Automatic Import from CSV file
Posted by: Phillip Ward
Date: July 24, 2014 05:20AM

Is there no way this can be done more directly?

My first choice would be for the sending application/ system to connect directly to your MySQL database and update the data directly.

If that's not possible (because the Internet is a scary place that we don't want to let anywhere near our databases) then I'd suggest a web application (at "your end" of things) that the sender uses to upload the files. That web application can then read each file, connect to the database and do the updates and, possibly, even send back any errors for the sender to resolve, if that's relevant.

Failing that you're back to polling directories for [new] files, moving them elsewhere and processing them using either LOAD DATA or a custom program; personally, I'd suggest the latter, if only because it can do better error handling (although who you'd tell about those errors, and how, is another matter).

Regards, Phill W.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Automatic Import from CSV file
July 24, 2014 05:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.