MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

LibreOffice Base Query with MYSQL fails.
Posted by: Stephen Rynas
Date: July 28, 2014 03:27PM

I am using LibreOffice Base as a front-end to connect to MYSQL with the "native" MYSQL connector. The query consists of three tables and appears to initially work correctly. For Example, if I change the (foreign) field "magazineNUM" from "1" to "2", the (primary key) field "magazineIDNUM" changes "2" as expected and the name of the magazine changes from "Analog" to "Galaxy" as expected. However, when I move the cursor to another record and click on that record, I get the error message: "Error Updating The Current Record". This also occurs after tabbing on each field and passing to the next record. So the query does cascade as expected, but doesn't save the changes.

Both the MagazineList Table and the CoverArtist table are connected to the IssueList Table with a "left join". The left join shows ALL the records in the IssueList table and the matching values in the other two tables.

The query works as expected with MS Access. :)

I tested the query using the Base JDBC connector and the query failed. So I can't say that there is a "bug" in the MYSQL native connector.

How would I be able to fix this query so that the changed data is saved?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
LibreOffice Base Query with MYSQL fails.
July 28, 2014 03:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.