MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

sql mode in server variables different from options file
Posted by: David Meinert
Date: August 26, 2014 07:17PM

hello all,

I have an application that sits on top of a MYSQL database. I've had it up and running before; but my system crashed and I had to reimage the system. upon reinstall, I've not been able to get the application to open the database. I'm getting an error message. I can go into specifics if need be; but let me ask my specific question and go from there. the application requires that the sql mode be set to ANSI. so I've done this in the my.ini file. however, in using Workbench, I see that under the "options" file section, the sql mode is ANSI. however, under the "system variables" section, it shows sql mode to be equal to "NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION".

I'm thinking this might be the reason that my application won't open the database. is there some way to make the sql mode shown in the "system variables" equal to ANSI? does anyone have an opinion on whether this matters.

not sure if relevant but I'm using MYSQL 5.6, Workbench 6.1, ODBC connector 5.3. I'm running Win7 with 8gig ram. the application I'm using is ThumbsPlus v7 sp2.

thank you in advance for any assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
sql mode in server variables different from options file
August 26, 2014 07:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.