MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: error 2002 (connection attempt failed)
Posted by: Jeremy Canfield
Date: September 13, 2014 07:10PM

Man, you guys are good! You must've been down this road a few times already :)

I came to find out that the www.1and1.com package I am on did not include mysqli support. I am on the windows server package with 1and1. I found that only the linux server package with 1and1 included mysqli support. Switching to the linux server package is an additional $15/month charge, so I'm not switching to the 1and1 linux package. I also have 18 months until my 1and1 contract expires, so I started the process of installing and configuring Apache web server on my machine at 192.168.0.10 in my LAN.

Setting up the configuration file of Apache for PHP is posing some challenges too, but as always, I'm certain a solution will be found. I really enjoy challenges like this and finding the solution. I'm adding PHP commands to the Apache configuration file, and now Apache is crashing or I can't start Apache. I found others with similar challenges.

I know this is outside of the scope of MySQL, but I thought it couldn't hurt to at least share my noobie experience, as a kind of field report :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.