MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Let's Get New Forum Software Here !
Posted by: Phillip Ward
Date: September 19, 2014 06:12AM

Am I the only one who finds this forum design totally frustrating (no attachments possible in 2014 ?), archaic (1980s layout), over-secure ('spam prevention' code entry every post?), donkey-paced (replies in dribs and drabs), etc, etc ?
Quite possibly.
Or, if not, you're the only one still here. Presumably, "everyone else" has headed off to some "newer", "shinier" web place that's slick and trendy and, quite probably, thoroughly infested with spam and virus-laced attachments!

We're volunteers around here and very few of us are even affiliated with MySQL or Oracle Corp.; certainly I'm not.

I would agree that the User Interface is frustrating but then, given the choice, I'd still be running an NNTP client! Getting 40+ message headers on screen at once makes it really quick to scan through a newsgroup for postings that might be of interest. What is it with Web-designers and white space?

Regards, Phill W.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 19, 2014 04:44AM
Re: Let's Get New Forum Software Here !
September 19, 2014 06:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.