MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Let's Get New Forum Software Here !
Posted by: Rick James
Date: September 19, 2014 07:20PM

It says "powered by phorum" -- Kon, you should help phorum to improve itself. Then not only MySQL, but others would benefit.

I vote for fewer sub-forums -- most of the forums have not been added to in days or weeks. Most users simply post in "Newbie".

I vote for less leading between lines (yeah, I know that it is all the rage to space lines apart like this does, but I think it wastes screen space without having any benefit.)

I vote for looking at the html code -- it should not take 0.5 to 1.0 seconds to load a page.

I vote for keeping the captcha -- it does seem to keep out much of the spam. But it would be nice to add a cookie to remember that I am a nice guy.

I don't see much problem with adding an upload facility. There should (could) be code to prevent uploading anything that is .exe, .zip, and other dangerous formats. All we really need is screen images and large text files (data dumps, SHOW..., etc).

Webmaster, are you reading this thread?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 19, 2014 04:44AM
Re: Let's Get New Forum Software Here !
September 19, 2014 07:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.